Biography of time GVHS and/or Activities involved with at GVHS.
- At Golden Valley High School Chris played quarterback and defensive back for the varsity football team. Chris also served as the point guard for the Varsity mens basketball team. During his senior season of football he was named league MVP as well earning All-State honors.
Chris set a school record with twelve career interceptions, including eight as a junior and four as a senior. Chris was also a four year letter winner in basketball, earning all conference and district honors. Chris received a scholarship to play football at Utah State University.
Other Accomplishments Outside of GVHS
- While attending college and playing football at Utah State University Chris emerged as one of the leaders on the team during his junior and senior seasons. A couple of seasons removed from his true freshman year, Chris became one of the top respected defensive backs in the Western Athletic Conference.
- Chris posted 154 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 23 pass deflections, and 4 interceptions during his career at Utah State. Chris graduated with his Bachelors degree in the science of sociology
- Chris was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dallas Cowboys on July 26, 2011 and attended the NFL’s club training camp. Chris then signed as a free agent with the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL on May 22, 2012. The Stampeders made an appearance in the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup Championship game during his rookie season in the Canadian Football League.
- Chris was the Stampeders nominee for Most Outstanding Rookie of the year award. In his second season with the Stampeders he lead the team in passes defended (12 pass deflections and 4 interceptions). Chris also recorded 42 tackles (34 solo, 8 special teams), and 1 sack to during the 2013 season. After two seasons with the Calgary Stampeders, Chris pursued his opportunities in the NFL. Chris worked out for several NFL clubs, but was not offered a contract.
- The Calgary Stampeders traded Chris’s CFL rights to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before the 2014 season. In his first season with the Blue Bombers he recorded career highs in passes defended (15 pass deflections , 2 interceptions) and tackles ( 42 solo , 21 special teams ). Chris has now played in 7 CFL seasons, a total of 106 game.. He has 346 tackles (285 solo, 61 special teams), 17 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 75 pass deflections, and 4 touchdowns.
- Has held 3 nonprofit camps 2 in Merced 1 in Salt Lake City. Has helped over 500kids in his community pursues their dreams of playing football.
- Licensed real estate agent.