2020-2021 School Year Update on Chromebook & MiFi Insurance
We highly encourage all students to purchase insurance for Chromebooks & MiFi for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Insurance is combined for both Chromebooks & MiFi:
$30 for 9th Grade Students
$25 for 10th Grade Students
$20 for 11th/12th Grade Students
If there is existing insurance on Chromebooks, students will not be billed for the extra $5 for the MiFi this year only. New insurance purchases will be at the new price.
Chromebooks have been provided for GVHS students as instructional tools that support teaching and learning.
- Students must return a signed Responsible Use Policy to the library before receiving a Chromebook.
- Students are issued Chromebooks at the beginning of the school year.
- Chromebooks are turned in at the end of the school year unless the student is attending summer school.
- Students will be issued the same Chromebook they had the previous year.
- Students are responsible for taking good care of their Chromebooks.
- Damage, theft, or other Chromebook issues should be reported to the library immediately.
- Chromebook insurance is available.
- Only apps and extensions from the Chrome Store should be downloaded to Chromebooks.
Chromebook Support & Troubleshooting
Having Chromebook issues? This document includes some fixes that you can do at home. Contact the library staff firstname.lastname@example.org for help with your Chromebook troubleshooting if you cannot determine which fix to try
If that doesn't work, a physical repair may be required. We can arrange for exchanges as needed. If you think you need a loaner Chromebook, contact us through one of these channels:
We highly encourage all students to purchase Chromebook insurance.