Intervention, our 5th period class, is designed to provide students a variety of opportunities. GVHS has an intervention committee that features a teacher from each department, a counselor, associate principal, and the mentor coordinators. The committee looks at data in order to continually improve the intervention program for all stakeholders.
General Intervention Information
- Intervention placements change every five weeks with the grading cycles.
- All freshmen are enrolled in a Freshman Advisory Class for 5th period.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors who earned below a 2.67 GPA OR have a D or an F at any GPA are placed into a relevant intervention class.
- Faculty do their best to place students with their actual teacher, but this is not always possible. However, a pass system is in place to allow students to work with their teacher as needed.
- If parents or students think they might be better served being placed in a different tutorial, they should contact the student's counselor.
For details about each type of intervention, see below.