The Internet is a powerful tool that provides countless opportunities to practice or reinforce what you are learning here at school. Try some of the sites we've listed here, ask your teachers for a recommendation, or do a search of your own!
- Your Teacher's Website! Did you know that your teachers have their own websites, many of them packed with amazing information and useful tips? Go to the GVHS main page, then the Academics tab, and select the subject you want to explore.
- Have you discovered Khan Academy? This website offers instructional videos on a huge variety of academic topics, and even some test prep for high-stakes exams like the SAT and the CAHSEE! And it's all absolutely FREE! Use this service to supplement your daily instruction or to get some extra practice before a big test. https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Improve your study skills! This is a great site with lots of helpful study tips. http://www.how-to-study.com/.
- School stuff! At this site you will find a articles on a variety of school-related topics. http://www.homeworktips.about.com/.
- Let's Speak Spanish! This is a site for students of the Spanish language. Select from a variety of grammar, verb, or vocab topics, do practice drills and take a quiz to chart your progress. Basic membership is free. http://www.studyspanish.com/.
- Math isn't so hard when you practice! This is a math tutorial website, with step-by-step solutions to problems in a variety of textbooks. Some help is free, while other services require a paid membership. http://hotmath.com/.
- Know those math facts! Need to brush up on your basic math skills? This fun website allows you to create custom worksheets on a variety of math basics. You decide what you need to practice, and the SuperKids Math Worksheet Creator does the rest (including an answer key)!